Policies and Miscellaneous Information/2020-2021
1. Tuition is $140/month for 30-minute lessons and $195/month for 45-minute lessons (the first Monday of August through the last Friday in June) and includes 40 private lessons (42 lessons are scheduled), seventeen group lessons, two recitals/year, a graduation concert, and various other concerts (2-3). Tuition is due at the beginning of the month and is non-refundable. July (five weeks) tuition is prorated.
2. If a lesson is canceled by the teacher, tuition will be refunded for that lesson.
3. Group, recitals, and rehearsals are required except in the case of illness or emergency. Participation in group classes is one of the most vital parts of the student’s development. Failure to attend, participate in, contribute, and be punctual to these activities not only negatively affects your child but the other members of the group, as well. Please be mindful of this. Students are also encouraged to attend Suzuki Summer Institutes (there is one in San Francisco--online--July 5-9, 2021).
4. Bring to lesson: Suzuki book, practice pad, violin, shoulder rest, foot board (pre-twinklers), and a notebook for taking notes.
5. Parents are asked to sit quietly during the lesson. There will be time at the end of the lesson for further explanations, review, and questions. Please do not coach your child during the lesson or the recital! Sit back and relax and let me be the teacher. Siblings are allowed and encouraged at lessons, but they must not be a distraction to the student, parent, or teacher.
6. Lessons may be made up whenever possible if advance notice of absence is given.
7. You may reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 707-256-9299.
8. In the unfortunate event that you find it necessary to discontinue lessons, one month’s notice is required.
9. Your enrollment in this studio signifies acceptance of the above policies.